Sunday, May 22, 2011

Play Time!

Okay, I only have a few moments here, so this will post will not be a very long one.
I was just thinking how wonderful it is to be able to have some leisure time in between all the
busy-ness.
This morning I was able to go out for a very long and nice walk in a park. The weather was perfect. Overcast, but yet warm. It didn't rain while we were out. I'm pleased to say my husband, dog and I walked, and then the rain came.
And although it was warm, it was not hot. In fact, in was a cool kind of warm. Very pleasant.
The dog had fun sniffing all the other dogs in the designated dog area of the park, running around and playing.
So after coming home then, we decided to have some vanilla yoghurt with mixed berries and fresh honeydew melon pieces. Tiny little bit of granola on top of that. And a home-made hot coffee latte.
The rest of the day was as it was meant to be for a Sunday: a day of rest. Simply enjoying the simple and small things like what I've just described.
Although there always may seem to be tons of things we need to do, it is nice to remind ourselves that we need a break every so often.
We should try to find a "break" time every day.

Ahh, life can be good...if we remember to stop and smell the flowers. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment